Aadhar card does not specify citizenship to any of its holders, so any one residing in India can have it. Earlier NRIs were not liable to have Aadhar card but keeping the present scenario in mind Government has authorized NRIs also to apply for Aadhar card as it provides a solid identity to the NRIs in the different countries.
However NRIs have to provide certain documents as a proof for their valid identification. There are certain steps which they have to go through for applying for Aadhar card.
Steps to Apply for Aadhar Card for NRI:
- Identification: NRIs have to provide the valid Green card of USA or ant other country where they currently reside. They also have to provide the college identity card or job identity card, which is to prove the reason for which they are residing there. These details will go through a proper verification process. Any discrepancies in the submitted documents will either lead in holding the process or cancellation of process. So submit all the relevant details asked for.
- With your relevant identity you have to submit the Aadhar form which you can download from our website’s main page. Fill the form correctly as mentioned in the instruction in the second page of form. After the submission of form to the relevant enrollment office you will go through with the further biometric scanning process.
- Fingerprint being the first in queue will help the proper identification of a person. You will go through a Fingerprint scanning process as this cannot be changes and provides a strong identity of a person.
- Retina Scan, this also a unique process by which the retina of a person is scanned which can never be copied and hence this process helps in avoiding duplicity.
- After completing the scan process photograph will be taken by the concerned person will be added in database along all the relevant details.
After doing the complete process, UIDAI takes around 60-90 days to dispatch the card to your postal address.