As aadhar card has been mandatory for filing any application, you need to apply and have it as early as possible. If you have not received it for any reason, you can apply on line and procure it within a short span of time.
Let’s see what are the steps you need to execute for availing aadhar card and to check the status of you aadhar letter online by inputting your name and date of birth.
Steps to know aadhar status by name and date of birth
- Visit your aadhar UID center, where you need to register with your bio-metric details. First of all the authorities at the center will take your photograph, biometric and other details.
- For this, you should go with your address proof and identification proof. A valid identification proof like passport can serve both as an identity proof and ID proof.
- At the aadhar or UID center of your area, you will be required to fill up a form and submit with address proof and Identification proof.
- After, securitizing all your personal documents and application form, the authorities will take your photo and biometric details.
- You will receive the acknowledgement for this.
- In the acknowledgement receipt, there will be 14 digit enrolment number, date and time of enrolment. You need to keep this acknowledgement slip with utmost care.
- To check your status, you need to login to http:// uidai.gov.in/Resident/portal/statuslink and the link will show you the webpage, where you can check your aadhar status.
- Fill in the enrollment number, time and date and enter the captcha text image below. After it click on the submit button.
- Then, you will get the link to download and print your aadhar letter, if it is already prepared. Else it will tell you the status of the aadhar letter.